In SolidWorks, making gear is a simple process. To make a gear you just need to follow a few basic steps which are as follows:
- Start by sketching three concentric circles.
- Make angles of 10,5,2.5 degrees from the center of the circles.
- Make a 3 point arc with the first point as the 2nd circle and the second point as the 3rd circle
- As soon as the above profile is complete use the mirror entity to make a closed loop.
- Now use a circular pattern with the required number of copies.
- Then trim the inner circle to make a closed loop.
- Now finally extrude the sketch to get final gear design.