Material is a very important criterion when making a CAD. Hence one needs to know the methods to deal with materials in SolidWorks. At times you have to choose a material that might not be there in the SolidWorks library. One should know the process to add material and edit its property when needed. In this article, we shall be looking into the steps needed to change or edit material properties.
The steps to edit material properties in SolidWorks are as follows:
- In the Property manager search for the Material option as shown.
- Now right click on the option to open a drop-down.
- Then choose the first option “Edit material”.
- As soon as you will click a window will appear.
- The window contains all materials in SolidWorks Library.
- Choose a custom drop-down.
- And choose the category of the material. Here we have the material category “tutorial”
- Now choose the material you want to edit and the property.
- We will change the elastic modulus from 2000 to 2500.
- At last click on Save followed by an apply button.
Changing custom material properties is a simple and easy process.
Tip: If you want to change the properties of the existing material, then you need to create a copy as a custom material. Once the copy is created do the required change.