SolidWorks is a parametric solid modeler that starts the modeling process by creating a 2D sketch consisting of simple geometries. These sketches are operated using special 3D features such as extrusion or revolving around an axis. This is to generate realistic computational representations of models giving the user the exact idea of how the product will look. The software is written on Parasolid, a popular geometry modeling kernel that allows for an easy understanding of the modeling process.
Talking about SolidWorks strictly means talking about user-friendly computational environments and the simulation process is not an exception. Using the Solidworks Simulation tab is not only easy to use, but its also accuracy levels are outstanding. This is one of the main reasons why it shares around 18% of the design software companies’ market.
Not only is it popular between freelancing designers and hobbyists. But Solidworks has also gained recognition among important companies, and what’s most important for new users is that some of those companies were a startup first. These startups benefited from Solidwork’s enhanced features to increase their productivity until they became important brands in their economic sector.
Solidworks Certification Centre
In this Certification, Solidworks professionals are evaluated through a fair, comprehensive test of their knowledge of Solidworks. The evaluation is in both the areas of Mechanical Design and Design Validation. Becoming a certified user establishes a highly competent Solidworks professional. This way hiring managers will be confident in their decision to hire a certified candidate. Thus reducing the time it takes to bring a new team member on board.
Available Certifications Exams
These Exams are available under Engineering and Design.
- Mechanical Design (CSWA–Mechanical Design)
As a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA), you will stand out from the crowd in today’s competitive job market.
- Mechanical Design (CSWE–Mechanical Design)
A Certified SOLIDWORKS Expert is someone who easily demonstrates the ability to utilize advanced functions and features to solve complex modeling challenges.
- Mechanical Design (CSWP–Mechanical Design)
A Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional is an individual who has successfully passed our advanced skills examination.
- Mechanical Design Academic Version (CSWP–Academic) STUDENTS ONLY
Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional — Academic certification is intended for a student with a minimum of 1 to 2 years of SOLIDWORKS experience and advanced knowledge of engineering practices.
- Model-based Definition (CSWP–MBD)
The completion of the Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Model Based Definition (CSWP–MBD) exam shows that you have successfully demonstrated your ability to use SOLIDWORKS MBD functionality and tools.
- Sheet Metal (CSWPA-SM)
The completion of the Certified SOLIDWORKS Advanced Professional Sheet Metal (CSWPA-SM) exam shows that you have successfully demonstrated your capability to use SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal tools.
- Weldments (CSWPA-WD)
The completion of the Certified SOLIDWORKS Advanced Professional Weldments (CSWPA-WD) exam proves that you have successfully demonstrated your capability to use the SOLIDWORKS tools for Weldments.
- Surfacing (CSWPA-SU)
- Drawing Tools (CSWPA-DT)
- API (CSWP-API)
- Mold Making (CSWPA-MM)
- Electrical (CSWA-Electrical)
- Mechanical Design Academic Version (CSWA–Academic)
All certification testing is done online. The process for taking a test is as follows:
Step 1: Visit the appropriate exam information page and purchase your exam by clicking on the “Buy Now” button on that page.
An email with the exam procedure will be sent to you after purchase. Check your email’s spam folder if you do not receive the exam procedure shortly after purchase.
Step 2: When you’re ready, take the exam on your computer. (Download TesterPro Client)
Step 3: When you’re done, access your account via the SolidWorks Certification Center and print your certificates
Downloading TesterPro Client
From the mentioned Weblink Below Click on the Hyperlink which highlights the TesterPro Client. The Software will download automatically.
Link 1 to the page – https://www.solidworks.com/solidworks-certification-program
You can search for Tangix VisualTester Software.
Link 2 to download the Software – https://3dexperience.virtualtester.com/#home
Link 3 to download the Software – https://www.virtualtester.com/web/downloads
Installing TesterPro Client
Go to Download Folder Doble click on the Tangix TesterPro software or Right-Click and click on Open.
In the license, Agreement Click on I agree.
Select the Install location and then click on Install.
At last Click on Finish.
Using TesterPro for Certification Exam – Step-by-step
- Create a VirtualTester Account: a. Open a web browser and go to the SOLIDWORKS Certification Center. b. Click the button in the right side banner to Download the TesterPRO Client. c. Download and run the executable file to install the Tangix TesterPRO Client. d. Choose a language from the available options and click Continue. e. Choose the option for “I do not have a VirtualTester UserID…” Fill out the required information and choose Continue. f. You have now created a VirtualTester ID. Please select Exit.
- Obtain a SOLIDWORKS Certification Subscription Code: a. Open a web browser and go to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal. b. Log in using your SOLIDWORKS Online Account. c. Click on Certification. d. In the banner along the right side of the screen, click Certification Offers for Subscription Service Customers. e. The subscription code will be located in the center of the page.
- Redeem the SOLIDWORKS Certification Subscription Code: a. Use the subscription voucher code in conjunction with the codes for the desired core and advanced certification exams. The codes can be entered as either upper or lower case letters. b. Using a mobile phone, send a text or SMS to the phone number 1-617-795-3131 with the subscription voucher code and corresponding exams you wish to take. c. A reply will be sent shortly after with the individual vouchers for each of the corresponding exams requested. You will have 180 days to redeem the vouchers.
- Take the Certification Exam: a. Launch the Tangix TesterPRO Client and log in with your VirtualTester ID. b. Redeem the exam voucher code received in step 3 by entering it in the Tangix TesterPro Client. c. The exam must be taken immediately after the voucher is redeemed. d. Complete the exam and submit your answers.
- Review Exam Results and Download Certificates: a. After completing the exam, your results will be available in your VirtualTester account. b. Open a web browser and go to the SOLIDWORKS Certification Center. c. Log in to your VirtualTester account. d. Click on ‘Exam Results’ to view your scores and your strengths and weaknesses within each exam. e. If you have successfully passed the exam, click on ‘Certificates’ to view, download, and print the certificates you’ve earned.
- Maintain Your VirtualTester Account: a. You can manage your account information, such as changing your email and password, through the SOLIDWORKS Certification Center. b. Adjust your settings to opt in or out of emails and control whether you are listed in the online directory of certified SOLIDWORKS users. c. Keep track of your remaining exam credits and vouchers in the ‘Credits / Vouchers’ section.