While working on a CAD file at times we need to create a duplicate of a given part. In such cases, we should be aware of methods to rename apart so that we don’t have duplicate files. The steps to rename a part are as follows:
- Firstly, go to Tools>Options.
- As soon as you click the “Options” button a window will open. In the window go to System option>Feature Manager.
Now tick the box for “Allow component files to be renamed from Feature Manager tree “.
- Click “ok” to come out of the window.
Once the setting is turned on, there are a couple of ways to rename the file.
- Right-click on the file in the Feature Manager tree and select Rename Assembly for an Assembly or Rename Part for a Part.
- Select the file from the tree and hit F2 on your keyboard and the name will become editable.
- Once you have renamed the file, all copies of the part will change, and you will see the name change in File Explorer as well.
After following these steps you can easily rename a part.