SolidWorks gives us the luxury of measuring any dimension without going into sketch mode. We have “Evaluate” Command Manager which shows us the tools needed to cross-check our parts or assembly. The measure tool is the tool we are going to use to measure the distance between two points, angle, area, and perimeter.
In this article, we will learn about this tool in detail.
You can find the measure tool in Evaluate Command Manager.
Note: If you cannot find evaluate, check for tabs by right-clicking on the command manager. A tick should appear on the evaluate option.
Once you click on the measure tool a small window will open.
Now just follow the following steps:
- Select the faces or edges you want to get the dimension for.
- As soon as the faces or edges are selected (indicated by green color) few dimensions appear. These dimensions are the distance between the faces.
- To get more detail simply click on the drop-down on the right side of the measure window.
Here you can see that angle, distance, the area is visible for the selected faces.
If you want to change the significant decimal digit number and the unit follow these steps:
- In the left bottom corner you can see the unit currently in use. Now you can click on the arrow. As soon as you do this several options will open as shown.
- Then click on “Edit document units”.
- As soon as you click on the option a window will open.
- Once the window is opened you can change the precision and unit if you want.