2D drawing is an important way to communicate information about a particular part. We need to know the process to produce the drawing sheet in a pdf format. We all know that pdf is a universal format for file sharing thus it is important to know how to save a drawing sheet as a pdf file. The steps are very simple to save a file in pdf format.
In this article, we shall be saving a drawing sheet in pdf format.
Steps to save the drawing as pdf are as follows:
- In the file option click on the “Save as” option.
- Then a window will appear, click on the “save as type” drop-down.
- In the drop-down choose pdf format.
- Give a file name and click on” Okay”.
The file will be saved in the location as a pdf.
You can save files as pdf using the print option as well. To do so follow these steps.
- You can either press “CTRL + P” or from file go to print option.
- Then a window will pop up.
- If you have multiple sheet select “All sheet option”.
- You can also preview and keep Name as “Microsoft print to pdf” from the drop-down.
- Then on “Ok” and a window appear same as the 1st method.
- As soon as the window appear give file a name and save it at desired location.
Tips: You can also modify the pdf according to your preference in the 2nd step.