Changing the color of a part, face, or feature in SolidWorks is a very easy and simple process. This article focuses on all the methods that can be followed for changing the color of a part in SolidWorks.
For changing the color use the appearance tool. You can find this tool in the top center of the design window. The detailed steps for changing color are as follows.
- Look for the appearance button .
- Click on the above icon.
- As soon as you click the icon you will see in property manager a color pallet.
- Choose the body and the desired color from the pallet.
- You can also choose a material-related color from the window on the left.
- If you have selected your desired color click on okay to finalize it.
You can see in the picture:
Here you can select the geometry(face, edges, features, etc.) manually.
The final gear after the color change is as seen in the picture.
Tips: You can also use the RGB tool for better-shaded color.
Another method to shade apart follow the following steps:
- Tools > Options (Standard toolbar) or Options (Standard toolbar).
- Select Model Display from the Document Properties tab.
- Now Select Shading from the Model / Feature Colors menu.
- Then select a color from the Color palette by clicking Edit, or click Define Custom Colors to define a color of a new shade or hue by clicking Define Custom colors.
- Close the Color palette and the Document Properties – Model Display dialogue box by clicking OK.