To fully define a sketch we take origin as a reference point. Origin is always defined as (0,0,0) and is the intersection of all 3 planes. At times while making a CAD in SolidWorks we might need to shift the origin. This article will learn about the steps to move the origin.
- Go into sketch mode and then choose the tool option.
- As soon as you choose the tool option go to “sketch tools”.
- Now from the drop-down choose the “Align” option.
- Choose the Align Grid/Origin option. A selection window appears on the left side.
- Now select the point where you need to move the origin.
- Then choose the x-axis or y-axis direction.
- As soon as you click okay Origin is moved according to your selection.
If you see in the last two images you can see the shift in the origin. This is a very small and easy method to move the origin.